House in Bamako - Photo ADER
Baco Djicoroni beneficiary - Photo ADER
Meeting of a housing co-operative - Photo ADER
Brick manufacturers co-operative - Photo ADER
The populations concerned
- The low income families in the temporary living areas of Bamako.
- The low income families in the city of Kayes.
- The local ADER Mali branch, which has grown into an autonomous local development NGO : « AND DEFAR ».
- Local technical and financial operators, working together within contractual agreements with AND DEFAR. Among them, credit and savings banks, mason and bricklayer co-operatives, construction companies, research departments and property solicitors.
Projects carried out
- Access to property for more than 300 families.
- Building and renovating more than 300 houses benefiting 2 000 people.
- Projects for the improvement of living conditions concerning more than 1 500 people.
- Electricity supply through solar panels for more than 8 000 people provided with individual equipment and 30 000 people through public equipment .
- Setting up of housing co-operatives with more than 3.000 members. Access to standard housing credit plans suited to needy and low income families.
- Professional training for technical operators, aimed at developing a local materials construction sector.